The most popular steel-string guitar of all time, the dreadnought is a design classic. The Atkin Dreadnought is based on the classic pre-war models of the 1930s. We’ve been building and repairing this style of guitar longer than any other and, as with the J-45, every vintage example we’ve worked on has taught us something different.
With its deep body and scalloped braces, the Atkin Dreadnought puts out an incredibly strong, full sound. It’s one of the biggest sounding guitars we (or anyone else) makes and it really stands out when you’re playing alongside other instruments, live or in the studio.
• TOP:Torrified Sitka Spruce
• BACK & SIDES:East Indian rosewood
• BACKSTRIP:Zipper Style
• HEADSTOCK OVERLAY:East Indian Rosewood
• LOGO:Atkin Decal
• TRUSS ROD:Adjustable double action
• BINDING:Grained Ivoroid
• BRACING:Pre-war scalloped bracing
• LACQUER FINISH:Age toned relic gloss nitrocellulose
• NUT & SADDLE:Bone
• TUNERS:Nickel Gotoh
• SIDE DOTS FRET MARKERS:White Celluloid
• FRET MARKERS:Mother of Pearl
• CASE:Atkin Oxblood