Our best-selling model of 2017, the Atkin OM is for many players a “desert island” guitar – if they had to pick just one, this is the one that can do it all!
The OM, or “Orchestra Model” combines a full scale length with a slightly scaled down body – it is narrower and shallower than a “D” style guitar like our White Rice or Essential D. The challenge for all OM builders is to allow for a rich, commanding bass in spite of the the smaller, more ergonomic body, and our hand-scalloped bracing and torrified select Sitka top allows us to make this a reality.
Our OM is popular with fingerstyle guitar players, but in truth it’s a great all-rounder and suits singer-songwriters and folk artists as well.
We’ve departed in several ways from the classic pre-war style: A larger top dome, our lifetime-guaranteed neck/body joint, and a two-way truss rod are among the changes, so this isn’t a historical reproduction, but a modern British-made guitar with heaps of mojo!
Relic: Featuring a cracked finish top, light staining and ageing on the binding, and a vintage patina, Alister’s relic finishes are totally unique in the acoustic guitar world – warm to the touch and still responsive. Model: OM37-R
- TOP: Torrified Sitka Spruce
- BACK & SIDES: East Indian Rosewood (CITES Certified)
- BACKSTRIP: Zipper Style
- NECK: Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 16-inch
- TRUSS ROD: Two-Way (Soundhole Adjust)
- HEADSTOCK OVERLAY: East Indian Rosewood (Cites Certified)
- LOGO: Atkin Decal
- FRETBOARD: Ebony
- BRIDGE: Ebony
- ROSETTE: Black/White/Black
- PURFLING: Herringbone
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- BRACING: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- LACQUER FINISH: Age toned relic gloss nitrocellulose
- NUT & SADDLE: Bone
- TUNERS: Nickel Gotoh
- SIDE DOT FINGERBOARD MARKERS: White Celluloid
- FRET MARKERS: Mother of Pearl
- CASE: Atkin Oxblood