Our OOO-series (pronounced “triple-oh”) guitars are based very closely on the pre-war guitars which are revered by so many players. In the pre-war era there were a lot of spec changes with OOO-series guitars. Rather than give you a full history lesson, we’d like to let you know how we are currently making them at Atkin.
For our standard Atkin OOO37 without a slotted headstock we build as standard to the following specs:
- 15-inch lower bout OM body shape
- 24.9″ short scale length
- 14 frets to the body
- 1 3/4″ (45mm, 2mm wider than our standard)
- Rosewood Back and Side
- Sitka top and red spruce bracing
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge.
Our OOO37 is prized by players who love sweet, singing trebles on a versatile all-rounder.
At Atkin, we pride ourselves on our finishes. Alister details, sprays and polishes every guitar by hand with our own nitrocellulose blend.
- TOP:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- BACK & SIDES:East Indian Rosewood (Cites Certified)
- BACKSTRIP:Zipper Style
- HEADSTOCK OVERLAY:East Indian Rosewood (Cites Certified)
- LOGO:Atkin Decal
- TRUSS ROD:Two-Way (Soundhole Adjust)
- BINDING:Grained Ivoroid
- BRACING:Pre-war Scalloped bracing
- LACQUER FINISH:Nitrocellulose
- NUT & SADDLE:Bone
- TUNERS:Nickel Gotoh
- SIDE DOTS FRET MARKERS:White Celluloid
- FRET MARKERS:Mother of Pearl
- CASE:Atkin Oxblood
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS:16-inch
There are no reviews yet.