Explore Beyond the Horizon
Create haunting echoes, ethereal landscapes and otherworldly ambience with Blackhole, a reverb pedal as big and as mysterious as the cosmos. What lies beyond a blackhole’s horizon? A place where time turns upon itself? Where gravity folds in upon itself? Or is it a portal to another dimension? Blackhole takes you there – beyond the ambience of mere earthly Halls, Rooms, Plates or Springs. Blackhole will take you on a journey from cathedral-type spaces to a universe of out-of-this-world soundscapes.
It includes onboard tone controls, modulation, and infinite reverb settings with mono or stereo operation, MIDI control, preset storing, and most importantly a new compact, easy-to-use interface.
Blackhole features two types of infinite reverb. Infinity continuously layers new sound on top of a suspended reverb. Freeze mode holds the effect allowing you to play over the reverb tail. The Freeze Footswitch allows instant access to this feature.
Unlike other reverbs which may offer pre or post modulation, Blackhole features modulation built into the reverb structure itself. It’s essentially a big multi-voice chorus, with unique tone-shaping ability. You can utilize extreme settings to smooth out the edges.
– Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
– Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
– Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb
– Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon
– Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the
low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail
– Tap the Freeze Footsiwtch to instantly ‘freeze’ your sound
– Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
– Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
– Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
– Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
– MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box)
– Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
– Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
– Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
– Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay.
– Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole
allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail
Input: 1/4″ TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
Out 1: 1/4″ TS Mono / Mono Output
Out 2: 1/4″ TS Mono / Stereo Output
EXP: 1/4″ TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
Mono/Stereo Switch: Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
Guitar/Line Level Switch: Optimizes internal gain structure
Mini USB: Software updates, MIDI I/O
DC Input Jack: 5.5mm / 2/.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)