While many guitarists have the need for speed, bassists seem to crave power…the more the better.
But power alone isn’t enough. Definition, Accuracy, Presence and a musical EQ are essential in getting big power to the ground so you can create a great bass sound…one that can drive the band and move the crowd.
To define the nexus where Big Power and Tone meet, we unveil the TITAN V-12.This bigger block version of our widely acclaimed Big Block 750 pumps up this straightforward, easy to dial preamp; blowing it out to a two channel, 3 rack spaces of footswitchable, genre defining, Bass magic.
Dual Inputs create possibilities: use with one instrument feeding Input A to access the two Channels for a footswitchable dual preamp configuration or, connect two instruments feeding Inputs A and B separately and dedicate a Channel to each instrument for a footswitchable hot-swap in live applications. Great for the bassist who doubles on key bass! Each Channel can be set to optimize the Input impedance for Passive or Active instruments.
The V-12s’ identical all-tube preamps can be used with one instrument to create a channel switching platform or, can be switched to a Dual-Input, two channel configuration for use with two separate instruments in a stage environment. Swap instruments, hit the Footswitch and your ready to go. This quick-change preamp makes the TITAN a great choice for the Bassist who also doubles on Key Bass… providing footswitchable hot-swap capability while wearing the stringed instrument.
A traditional wide-band harness of TREBLE, MID and BASS controls is enhanced by the musically accurate shaping power of the semi-parametric ACTIVE MID band. Mix up a sound with the sweet blend of the standard harness and fine-tune it with the frequency specific Active Mid band.
Semi-Parametric ACTIVE MID bandwith FREQUENCY control joins the standard passive tone stack in each Channel so you can focus in on specific frequencies and shape them without disrupting the magic blend created by the musically sweet wide-band tone controls. Each channel serves up a dedicated Gain and Master control for the footswitchable tube OVERDRIVE allowing you to dial in the perfect amount of tube saturation. From a soft-clip to a medium growl on up to full blown high gain sustain – the full range is available for your exploring pleasure. Both Channels feature our all-tube OverdriveMode with independent sets of O.D. Gain and Level controls enabling you to dial in anything from a warm, purring clip to fully saturated Bass Overdrive and engage it remotely from the Footcontroller.
At the heart of the TITANs’ massive power lies our Simul State™ tube-driven MOS-FET technology. Every note drips with soul as it flies dynamically from the tube Inputs and Driver stage, to the fleet of 22 custom designed high-power MOS-FETs. The stunning torque of this 1200 watt motor is apparent in the V-12s’ sonic footprint. Instantaneous attack, shocking clarity and the ability to late-brake and stop on a dime – even at high revs – put you out front and in charge of the time domain… letting your bandmates thrive on your role as anchor.
So when your gig requires you to have big venue capability as you lead the rhythm section, don’t take a ride that’ll come up short. Unleash the TITAN and put the V-12 powerplant to work for you…Rock with the really Big Block.
- Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
- 1200 Watts @ 4 Ohms (840 Watts @ 2 Ohms, 650 Watts @ 8 Ohms), Simul-State™ Power w/ 4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Select Switch for optimum Power/Load Performance / 22 Tube driven Power MOSFET’s, 4x12AX7
- Active/Passive Input Switch
- 2 Fully Independent Footswitchable Channels featuring Gain, Active Bass, Passive Mid, Active Mid w/Mid Frequency Control (adjustable from 200 Hz to 2 kHz), Active Treble, Master Volume, Footswitchable Tube Over Drive & Over Drive Level Controls
- Two Instrument Inputs (A or B) with Input Selector Switch (A, B or Footswitch), which allows you to plug 1 instrument into Input 1 and footswitch between the 2 Channels or plug 2 separate instruments into Inputs 1 & 2 and route them to their own corresponding, optimized preamp channel for seamless live transitions
- Output Level Control (over all channels)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels)
- FX Loop w/True “Hard” Bypass Switch (over all channels when activated)
- Front & Rear Panel Tuner Outputs with Footswitchable or Front Panel Amplifier Mute/Standby Control
- Balanced XLR Line Out with Pre/Post Switch, Level Control & Ground Lift
- External Switching
Jacks for Channels 1 & 2, Over Drive Channels 1 & 2, Input Select A & B, Solo & Mute
- 2 – Speakon – 1/4” Combination Speaker Output Jacks
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled
- 5-Button Footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 1 Over Drive, Channel 2 Over Drive, Input
- FORMAT: Big Block Titan V12 Classic Head • Black Bronco
Including 1×15″ and 2×10″ Cabinet